Create a Harmonious Life with Your Dog
- Minimize mistakes when you integrate your dog into your home
- Understand and communicate with your dog effectively
- Learn how to avoid behavioral issues in dogs
- Save money on tools, toys, food
Getting a dog is exciting; whether you want to have a companion to snuggle with on the couch, an exercise partner, or a furry friend for your children. But getting a dog also comes with questions and concerns, such as
- What equipment do I need to get?
- Should I crate my dog or not?
- What if my dog barks all day while I am at work?
- What do I do with the dog when I have a long day at the office?
- My dog knows the command sit and his name; should I still attend a dog training class?
- What types of toys and bones are healthy for my dog?
- How do I ensure my dog won’t get aggressive toward strangers, dogs, or cats?
- What do I do when my dog gets into troublesome behavior?
- I have an older dog. Should I get a younger puppy for him or what should I do?
And so much more.
Iris, thank you so much for your expertise! The suggestions you have given have made a huge difference in just 24 hours! Max is doing well.. no snapping at all yesterday and most important, our kids are working hard on being calm with him and playing without being nervous. They love feeding him out of their hand. At the moment, he’s in the crate taking a nap (quietly and for 15 min so far!).
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I remember when I got my first dog, Cito, I had no clue. Even though I bought a couple of books about dogs and dog training, I winged it. I made all kinds of mistakes.
- House training? Forget it. There were way too many accidents.
- Teaching Cito the sit and down? It was so confusing to him.
- Dog-friendly? I took him to a dog park in the first week and a Great Dane ran him over. It scared the heck out of him and me.
But with each mistake, I kept learning. Over the last 22 years, I welcomed dozens of dogs in my home. Seven stayed permanently as my own. Too many to count were my foster dogs or temporary foster dogs until they found their forever home. And all of them were trained well.
I was very impressed and learned so much. I feel like I learned from the dogs’ perspective, as compared to what I have been exposed to before.
I loved how you used your ‘actors’ to show how the techniques worked for them, and I was especially pleased with the technique for letting the dog train itself. That was wonderful: I could see the mental cogs turning!
I talked about this with my friends in my networking group this morning, and they were intrigued.
Welcome To “Forever Your Dog” – The Fundamentals About Owning, Training, and Caring for a Dog Under One Roof
This comprehensive and practical online video course will teach you how to create a harmonious and happy life with your dog. It includes everything that I wished I had known and had access to when I got my first dog.
It includes over 60 practical and content-rich videos where you will learn:
- How to teach and train the basic commands with your dog at home
- How to introduce your dog to other dogs, cats, children, and strangers
- What to pay attention to when you choose your vet
- How to pick a dog trainer that feels right for you
- How to avoid (or fix) behavioral issues such as jumping up on people, barking at people or dogs, being aggressive
- How to pick the right equipment, toys, treats, and food
- and so much more
My mission is to:
- Take the stress and uncertainty out of adopting your dog
- Shorten the learning curve of integrating your dog into your family
- Help you strengthen the bond with your dog intentionally
- Reduce the chance that your dog doesn’t settle in your home and you have to return it to a rescue group or shelter
- Make meaningful lifestyle improvements that guarantee a peaceful life for you and your dog
- Provide solutions for behavior issues that could creep up
- Be there for you when you don’t know what to do next
And there is more … LIVE Support and Learning
If you have a specific issue that is not addressed in one of these videos, join us at one of our Virtual Dog Owner Support Group meetings where dog owners come together to learn from each other, share ideas, and ask questions.
As a member of the advanced course, attendance at the first meeting is free of charge.
Go to our events page to sign up.
Basic: Forever Your DogThis course is available now.
- 15 videos, audios, and documents that give you practical instructions on how to integrate your dog, train your dog, and avoid common mistakes.
- Monthly updates via our email subscription
- Over 50 practical videos, audios, and documents that give you practical instructions on how to integrate your dog, how to train basic commands at home, how to avoid common mistakes, how to pick a good veterinarian, what to pay attention to when buying dog food, and so much more.
- One (1) free participation in the monthly Dog Owner Support Group Hour where you can ask any question you have about your dog
- NO further social impact on the referring rescue group.
Advanced: Forever Your DogThis course will go online on July 20, 2023.
- Over 60 practical videos, audios, and documents that give you practical instructions on how to integrate your dog, how to train basic commands at home, how to avoid common mistakes, how to pick a good veterinarian, what to pay attention to when buying dog food, and so much more.
- One (1) free participation in the monthly Dog Owner Support Group Hour where you can ask any question you have about your dog.
- Monthly updates about new videos and learning points.
- A self-assessment to evaluate your knowledge about dogs.
- Social impact on the referring rescue group: $30 of your purchase price will be returned to the rescue group that referred you to this program. With this donation, you will support another dog in need.
I am so happy I embraced the opportunity to attend this past weekend’s workshop w/Iris.
Iris’ small group setting & supportive, personable nature set the tone for success for each & every dog owner. Iris was able to specifically address each of our personal challenges, all while bringing us back to the basics of dog training & building trusting relationships with our pups. She shared a wealth of knowledge focusing on techniques for success with simple training commands, dog psychology & thought processes/reasoning of dogs in regards to human behavior, proper body language & human interaction approaching fearful dogs, & so much more.
Although we were unable to uncover years and years of training, dog psychology, etc., the amount of information & tools & techniques I received in the 2 hrs provided me with a golden base with which to start my training w/my beloved furry family member. Iris & the rest of the group helped to facilitate a wonderful team atmosphere & support system. I left feeling more confident & excited to try these new techniques w/my dog.
I highly recommend workshops like this for ALL dog owners–new to seasoned equally. Every dog is different & it is so important to reach out & accept opportunities to allow your dog to reach its full potential.
I invite you on this journey of creating a harmonious life with your dog. It is my promise to you that I will share with you my commitment and support to making this a life-enriching experience for you.
I look forward to seeing you on the other side!
Iris and the Gang!